Information regarding COVID-19
We have been recognised as covid-compliant and "good to go" by Visit Britain and Visit Wales
Corona Virus Guarantee Scheme applies for all bookings made after !9th June
COMMITTED TO CLEAN:Your safety is our priority!
Latest Welsh Government Tourism Industry Announcements:(Subject to continuing reductions in community transmission of Covd-19)
August 4th: The Gov made it clear that legislation exists which gives them powers to close businesses not complying with social distancing measures in Wales. Face masks are compulsory on public transport and advised in shops and other indoor public settings & in outdoor settings where 2 metres distance is not possible.
1. July 11th - self contained holiday homes can be used.
2. July 13th - Indoor tourist attractions can open.
3. 13th July - outside activities, outdoor pubs, cafes, restaurants can open.
4. 20th July - playgrounds and community centres can open.
5. 25th July - accommodations with shared facilities can open.
6. 3rd August - Indoor pubs, cafes, restaurants can open.
The default social distancing requirement throughout Wales continues to be 2 metres, except in exceptional circumstances where, provided the risk has been assessed and additional mitigating measures are put in place, the distance can be reduced to 1 metre. Please note that the assessed safe distancing for holiday parks continues to be 2 metres.
As of 13th July, each household is permitted to "bubble" with one other household. This must be the same household, it is not interchangeable. The holiday industry is advised that members of your one "extended household" can book with you in either the same or separate accommodations and can with you socialise indoors, provided that you do not go over the maximum number of people per accommodation. "Only two households are able to join together and only one extended household can be formed. You cannot be a member of more than one extended household" (Welsh Gov regulations).
meeting people outside of your extended household
Welsh Gov regulations state that you can now meet up with another household (outside of your extended household) outdoors, with 2 metres social distancing and only one household at a time. This means that you can socialise outside with one other household on the park, provided that your pitch is big enough to maintain 2 metres distance between the two households. From 5th August up to 30 people can gather in outside public places (such as parks) and provided social distancing measures are adhered to. This does not apply to Doldowlod Caravan Park where are usual booking requirements (as per terms & conditions) still apply.
Corona Virus Guarantee Scheme.
This covers bookings made after June 10th for holidays taken from July 13th 2020 and made via this website or cool camping. This means that:
We are committed to offering our customers the clarity of the following Guarantee Policy for 2020:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure the booking.
- The balance payment will not be due until 10 days before the holiday (in case of late changes to Covid restrictions)
- No refunds, but complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months from the holiday start date and therefore not lose any money.
NB. Guests who have booked via other providers (Pitchup, AirBNB, UK Caravans4hire, quirkyaccom.com) are subject to the booking conditions of their booking agent.
COMMITTED TO CLEAN: Your safety is our priority!
Cleanliness has always been important to us but it is now more important than ever. This is why we are committed to even higher standards for cleaning. We have undertaken & been tested on an enhanced cleaning protocol study package ( in partnership with Ecolab, a global leader in cleaning and hygiene technologies)
We will follow an enhanced cleaning protocol, which was developed with expert guidance. Here are a few highlights:
- We sanitize high-touch surfaces, down to the doorknob
- We use cleaners and disinfectants approved by global health agencies, and I wear protective gear to help prevent cross-contamination
- We clean each room using extensive cleaning checklists
- We provide extra cleaning supplies, so you can clean as you stay
- We comply with local laws, including any additional safety or cleaning guidelines
1. All of our static caravan accommodations are self contained.
2. In order to provide glamping guests with private shower facilities we have blocked availability on our Guards Van & all new bookings will be for the Box Carriage only.
3. We will observe open air social distancing at check in and check out & we will wear face masks for your protection.
4. We are observing the recommended 24 hours between guests policy.
5. Laundry will be washed on a hot setting, additional Dettol laundry sanitiser will be added to every wash and laundry will be hot tumble dried.
6. The reception cabin will not be open but we will provide a set of new local information leaflets to each guest.
7. We are onsite and always available by phone should you have any issues.
We hope that you will enjoy a peaceful time in the great outdoors but please be aware that neither holiday guests nor caravan owners should visit Doldowlod Caravan Park if they or their family have symptoms of
COVID-19, or have been advised to isolate, until after the isolation period.
We are following best practice guidance and all local regulations in respect of social distancing measures: which means no physical contact & keeping our distance when checking you in and out of your holiday accommodation & when we see you around the park. Please be assured that you
are as warmly welcome as ever.
We appreciate that things are ever evolving. We are monitoring the situation closely and taking prompt action as government advice changes. We will update this page as and
when any changes are made that directly affect you, our guests.
As per our Terms & Conditions: WE STRONGLY ADVISE GUESTS TO TAKE OUT HOLIDAY INSURANCE We are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event that we are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots
or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events. Furthermore we are not liable for our guests property whilst on the park. We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place.
We would like to thank you for your continued support during this difficult period and we hope that you and yours remain safe and well.